Minutes of the Annual General Meeting 2015
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the East Coast Ducati Club was held on 20 June 2015 at the home of Member Craig Phillips in Truro, Nova Scotia.
The Agenda was distributed by President James Huestis and the meeting was called to order. All attendees were welcomed by the President and the hosts of the AGM were thanked for their generous hospitality.
The minutes of the 2014 Meeting were unavailable for this meeting.
President James Huestis noted the following:
1) The season opener held in Windsor Nova Scotia at the IL Dolce Far Niente Espresso Bar was very successful and well attended. The staff at the Bar were very hospitable and made us feel very welcome.
2) The attendance at this Annual General Meeting was also very positive with approximately 20 members taking part in the festivities.
3) Thanks were given to Craig and Joanne for hosting the event and making everyone feel so at home.
4) The next club Event will be held at the Military Police Show and Shine in Shearwater on June 27. James would like at least 10 riders for the event. The club will cover the entry fee for any members attending.
5) Thanks were given to Members Anne Melanson and Will Phomsavanh for their important work on the ECDC’s online presence. The importance of the Forum in particular to the Club’s success was noted.
6) James asked everyone to consider attending the annual Northeast European Motorcycle Rally held in Maine. A great event with great motorcycling roads. https://sites.google.com/site/nemrally/
7) The month of August is open for events and James would appreciate suggestions for Club Events.
Treasurer Richard Fleming presented the club’s financial overview for the previous year and this year to date. The club is in great shape with no debts/liabilities at this time, allowing the possibility of spending on events or other club benefits.
Membership Secretary Richard went over the Club’s Membership makeup for 2015. There are 44 paid members broken down as follows; 31 NS riders, 6 NB, 3 ON, 3 PE, and 1 ME. Included in the total are 7 new members.
Membership dues will continue at $35 in 2016. Members will be invoiced in March 2016.
Richard will be having business cards made up and made available to members with our Club’s contact info. These cards are to be given out by the Member to any Ducati owners they may see on their travels.
1) Ken Mcauley suggested the Club obtain peel off stickers printed with the Club’s logo and contact info. These stickers would be mounted on bikes at Atlantic Motoplex. The stickers are easily removed without damaging the painted finish. Attending Members felt this was a good idea. James and Ken will follow up on this.
2) Candace Davis wanted everyone to know about an upcoming motorcycle photo hunt being held in July in support of the Millsville Community Hall. Tickets are $15 and prizes are available to be won. Candace is posting more information about the event on the ECDC forum.
3) Gary Selig recommended business cards be made and sent out to members to help promote our Club with new Ducati owners. Richard Fleming will be following up on this.
4) Ken Mcauley suggested using Kijiji to promote the Club on a regular basis. Everyone thought this to be a good idea so Ken agreed to post ads on our behalf throughout the Atlantic Provinces.
5) Brian Tingley recommended the Barber events in Alabama for Members to consider this summer.
Club Executive 2015 – 2016
The Executive for 2015 – 2016 was discussed and agreed upon. The Executive is charged with making any decisions that affect the Club as a whole. The Executive was presented as follows:
David Aylmer, Richard Fleming, James Huestis, Ken Mcauley, Will Phomsavanh, and Scott Davis.
James continues with the role of President and Richard will remain as Treasurer/Membership Secretary.
James adjourned the meeting.